Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Blog Project

So after three entries of insulting each other and tooting our own horns, we're finally here to tell you what this blog is all about. I'm sure all of you are curious about the direction we are planning to take with this and excited on how we can possibly make this site more interesting than it already is. 

But speaking like someone from the real world, I'm sure most of you guys are probably indifferent cause, you know, nobody actually reads this shit. Hahaha!

But like that's gonna stop us from talking about ourselves. *rolls eyes*

During the course of our college days together, Rina and I realized that we often have different opinion on things. She likes Pride and Prejudice which I think is absolutely boring and shallow (Yeah I said it) while I like Finding Nemo which she think is absolutely sad and depressing. So we kill tons of time disproving each other and proving our intellectual superiority over the other (Haha!). Bottom line is, we were trying to find out who's smarter. And who else can be the judge between this passionate competition between friends than our lovely imaginary readers?

This blog then serves as a platform for all of our debates. We plan on reviewing things that interests us be it books, music, situations, pop culture or just whatever. This is a no-holds-barred blog so if you guys are sensitive, we kinda don't care. This blog is for us to express our opinions and to argue with one another (maybe more the latter than the former) and not to conform to everyone's beliefs. 

I hope that sounded badass...

****************

So, just to give you a rundown on how this is going to work, I have to briefly explain our personalities and how we are and who we are (..as if we haven't talked enough about us in our previous blog entries.)   Oh Jonah, you fool, I can't believe you're leaving me with the task of describing us.  Mwahahahaha!

Rina - pretty, charming, gorgeous, kind, compassionate, the next Mother Teresa
Jonah - evil, spawn of Satan, murderous, villain, fat

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHA OBVIOUSLY I'M KIDDING.


This is Jonah.  I think I'm a good influence because I talked her out of having her hair cut this way again.
  • Jonah is very realistic.  She doesn't believe that Jared Leto and I could repopulate Atlantis.  I mean, what's up with that?  God.
  • Jonah gets bored easily.  Take Pride and Prejudice for example.  For her, the story didn't have to go on and on and on when it could easily be summed up in two or three chapters.  I remember in college, she likes to do stuff that would get her brain pumped up or something.  She likes to be challenged.  Seriously.  (I don't get this because, personally, I prefer to do manual labor than think about  things I'm not remotely interested at.  I think this is one of the reasons why our friendship works.  HAHAHAHAHA.  I'll explain this some other time.)
  • This is still connected with her ridiculously short attention span.  She didn't enjoy 127 Hours..  So, I'm 99.9% sure she wouldn't enjoy 12 Years A Slave.  (I don't know why I'm telling you guys this.  HAHAHAHA.)
  • She enjoys fantasy books and films that make sense.  Some examples are: Harry Potter (duh), A Song of Ice and Fire series (Game of Thrones), Lord of The Rings, and..  Naruto.  She's also indignant because the Twilight books haven't won any Nobel or Pulitzer prize.  Most recently, she went on and on about how awesome Fifty Shades of Gray was and how the love of the two protagonists for each other makes her weep every night.  She said that she wanted to find a love like that.  She wanted to know how it feels like to find the person you're meant to be with forever.  (HAHAHAHAHAHA obviously I'm kidding about the Twilight and Fifty Shades thing)
  • Yeah, she likes how Japanese people think - how things are unexpected and how their ideas are always twisted.  Like Battle Royale!  We were innocent-looking freshmen in college when she started talking about it.  Anyway, there are a lot of other Japanese novels, stories she told me but, why would I talk about all of it here when we could blog and elaborate about it some other time, right?

This chick right here is the prostitute version of me.
  • I like fantasy books too.  I'm a Potterhead and ASOIAF fan too but I also enjoy Neil Gaiman books.. which Jonah doesn't.  She borrowed my copy of Anansi Boys (which is my favorite Neil Gaiman novel) five years ago.  I asked her opinion after reading it, she told me it's okay but she thinks it's for kids.  I was heartbroken, sure, but I couldn't really do anything about it.  Although, from that moment on, I swore that I would always ask (beg, even) God to make her fat...  HAHAHAHA kidding.  Anyway, I'm a BIG (literally and figuratively speaking) Neil Gaiman fan.  I like how he's able to weave complicated stories and stitch them up at the end of the novel/graphic novel!
  • I looooooove books and movies that are based from a true story.
  • I also like stuff that talks about the importance of family.  I'm a sucker for stories that highlight the significance of one's mom or dad.
  • Jonah said that my default mode is "angry."  I'm easily irritated so, some of my reviews might contain a lot of curses..  especially, if I didn't enjoy the book or film or tv series or episode I'm reviewing.
  • I don't want to describe myself anymore.  Please read our future posts so you could form your own opinion about me.  (Shameless plugging na din, diba? HAHAHAHA!)

We're not really into the same stuff, most of the time but we also have some similarities.
  • We're not really into the cheesy shmeezy stuff that people our age are interested at.  She hates the "arte" of everything.  How the guy has to ask permission from the girl to go out, how the girl has to text the guy who she's with or whatever.  She hates how relationships give limitations to one's freedom.  For me, I don't get the sweety sweety stuff especially the extreme PDA.  I'm not against it but I know that it wouldn't last so when the break-up happens and the girl weeps or the guy weeps, it annoys the freaking bejesus out of me.  I have troubles empathizing and sympathizing with other people.  I'm not a robot but I have really, really late reactions (feelings-wise) to issues.
  • We both like Matthew Gray Gubler! I just have to put this here because we don't have the same taste in guys and, I think, MGG is the only guy we both liked!  HAHAHAHAHA!
So, basically, when we post our reviews, there would be different reactions coming from the two of us.  Interesting, right?  I bet you couldn't wait for it!  Hihihi.

No comments:

Post a Comment